The RetroSound® Newport is the most authentic radio replacement for your classic 1997-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ vehicle that came with a factory 1.5 DIN (7” x 3”) radio. Installing a standard DIN-sized radio in these vehicles looks awkward and out of place, leaving unsightly gaps in the dash. The Newport fills your full 1.5 DIN opening perfectly and looks period-correct giving you the best of both worlds: modern audio technology and a factory-like aesthetic. The Newport mounts seamlessly into your classic thanks to the included mounting kit and wiring harness. The Newport is now available with your choice of 3 different feature sets.
Motor 1A (Laguna) features an AM/FM tuner with 30 pre-sets, a built-in 275-watt amplifier (18 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels), as well as a rear auxiliary input for portable devices such as iPod® or portable satellite radio
- Includes mounting Kit and wiring harness (assembly required)
- AM/FM tuner with 30 presets
- Built-in 275-watt (peak power) Mosfet amplifier
- 18 watts RMS x 4 channels – TrueRating™
- Rear auxiliary input for portable devices
- 1-Year Warranty
Motor 2 (Hermosa) includes the features above but steps up to a 300-watt amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 watts peak x 4 channels) and adds built-in Bluetooth® connectivity for hands-free phone calls and wireless audio streaming. A 32,000 color display allows you to match the interior and dash lighting of your classic car. The Motor 2 also includes a rear-mounted USB port for flash drives plus two standard auxiliary inputs and has front and rear RCA pre-outs that allow the ability to add external amplifiers.
- Built-in 300-watt (peak power) Mosfet amplifier
- 25 watts RMS x 4 channels – TrueRating™
- Two rear-mounted auxiliary inputs for portable devices
- Built-in Bluetooth® connectivity
- Bluetooth® microphone included
- Rear-mounted USB port for flash drives and other devices
- Dual RCA pre-outs for external amplifiers
- 32,000 color display
- 1-Year Warranty
Motor 4 (Long Beach) includes all of the Motor 2 (Hermosa) features listed above and is the only classic car stereo that is SiriusXM-Ready, allowing direct control of your SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner. Additionally, the Motor 4 includes made for iPod®/iPhone® functionality to control your Apple devices when connected via Bluetooth® or USB. Additional features of the Motor 4 include:
- Made for iPod®/iPhone® (Compatibility with devices through streaming & USB)
- An additional USB port
- AM/FM RDS tuner with 30 pre-sets
- Dedicated subwoofer output
- 2-Year Warranty
- SiriusXM-Ready™ (SXV300V1 tuner sold separately)
- $70.00 rebate on the purchase of SXV300V1 SirusXM® tuner*
*SiriusXM promotion is valid for US/Canada residents only.
Retro Manufacturing radios are a modular design. Assembly is required. This design allows for a more adjustable fit and to offer different style options. RetroSound Radios are only compatible with 12V negative grounding vehicles.
Note: Bezels, knobs, faceplates, and replacement parts are non-returnable. If you are not sure as to fitment, please contact us.